Back pain is one of the most common reasons why people miss work. if you have ever had back pain, you will know how debilitating it can be. Luckily, most backaches can be resolved without surgery. Modesto Chiropractic back pain relief involves adjusting your back and spine to alleviate pain. For the most part, chiropractic care does not require medication, rather it adjusts the body so it can heal itself naturally. Better posture, better diet, and more exercise also help prevent back pain.
Types of Back Pain
When you experience back pain, you may not care what type of pain it is. However, a doctor will be able to diagnose the problem better if you can describe your pain. Common types of backaches include:
- Sharp or stabbing pain.
- General muscle aches and stiffness.
- Pain that starts in one location and radiates down the leg.
- Pain that exist when you bend or walk, or when you lift things.
- Aches & pain that diminishes when you lie down.
Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons why your back can hurt. Sometimes it is as simple as twisting your back in an awkward manner so you pull a muscle or ligament. Similarly, if you lift heavy items improperly, you may strain and hurt your back. This type of backache often resolves itself within a few weeks.
Alternatively, your back pain may be caused by more serious medical conditions such as:
- Ruptured Disk: a disk is like a cushion between each vertebra. If the disk is worn, misaligned or damaged, the vertebrae will rub against each other and cause pain.
- Scoliosis: your spine curves to the side too much and this misalignment affects the spinal cord and causes pain.
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis: any condition which affects your bones, joints, or spinal cord will cause back pain.
Seek Modesto Chiropractic Back Pain Relief
When you visit Angkor Chiropractic, the first thing the doctor will do is to give you a thorough back and posture examination to determine the mechanics of your body. The doctor will establish your flexibility, your range of motion, your posture, and your spinal alignment. Studying these features will help the doctor determine what is causing the back pain and devise a plan of treatment. If necessary, the doctor may recommend an x-ray or MRI to get a clearer picture of your condition.
Some conditions cannot be “cured” by a chiropractor. However, most people will find chiropractic back pain relief through neck and spine realignment. Please visit Angkor Chiropractic in one of the 5 locations in California. Send us Email to start a pain-free life with better health and mobility.